Tuesday: A cloudy morning with a sunny afternoon with a high of 47 degrees, a low 30 degrees, and a 10 percent chance of rain.
Wednesday: A mostly sunny day with a 10 percent chance of rain. High temperature 47 degrees, overnight low of 41 degrees.
Thursday: A cloudy day with a 10 percent chance of rain, a high temperature of 52 degrees and a low of 42 degrees.
Friday: A few showers are likely. There's a 30 percent chance of rain, with a high temperature of 45 degrees and an overnight low of 32 degrees.
2. Online Shoppers Rejoice: If you love a bargain but hate dealing with the Black Friday crowds, today's your day to shop. It's Cyber Monday, which like Black Friday, has many stores extending deals well beyond the day itself. Walmart, for one, is offering hundreds of specials for online shoppers throughout the week.
3. Strike Becomes Lock Out At L+M: Striking nurses and health technicians ended their four-day work stoppage as planned on Saturday and, as promised, Lawrence + Memorial Hospital locked them out when they attempted to return to the job at 11 p.m. on Saturday. Replacement workers continue to provide health care to patients at L+M and the hospital says the lockout will continue until negotiations result in a final agreement between the union and hospital administrators. The next negotiation session is scheduled for Tuesday.
4. Meetings Canceled/Scheduled in Waterford This Week:
The Board of Selectmen meeting originally scheduled for Tuesday, December 3 has been canceled. The next meeting will be held Tuesday, December 17. Here's what meetings are on the schedule for this week. All will be held at Waterford Town Hall unless otherwise noted:
Monday: Planning and Zoning meets at 7 p.m.; RTM meets at 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday: Shellfish Commission meets at 7 p.m.
Wednesday: Flood and Erosion Commission meets at 7 p.m.
Thursday: The Tile Committee meets at 4:30 p.m. at the Community Center Conference Room. The Zoning Board of Appeals meets in at 6:30 p.m. in Town Hall.
5. Upcoming Events
- On Tuesday, Americans for Prosperity will hold an information session on Common Core curriculum at Langley's Restaurant at Great Neck Country Club, 28 Lamphere Road in Waterford, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Oswegatchie School at 470 Boston Post Road offers "One Stop" shopping at 5 p.m. on Thursday, with a variety of vendors offering arts, crafts, jewelry and food, plus a Scholastic Book Fair.
- On Thursday, Waterford Public Library offers at reading of the Nutcracker at 10 a.m. with dancers from the Eastern Connecticut Ballet to help bring the story to life. The event is free and open to all. Also on Thursday, SCORE will offer a free workshop on business finances at the Library at 6 p.m. Advance registration is recommended as seating is limited.
- On Friday, Save The River, Save The Hills, will hold a fundraising dinner at Flanders Fish Market featuring wine and pasta at 6 p.m. Waterford First Selectman Dan Steward and East Lyme First Selectman Paul Formica will be serving as dual auctioneers during the fundraising auction to help the organization in its efforts to protect the Niantic River and Oswegatchie Hills.
- On Saturday, St. Paul Church will hold a holiday shopping spectacular at the Parish Hall at 170 Rope Ferry Road in Waterford starting at 9 .m., with vendors selling holiday gift items, plus a lunch of hotdogs, hamburgers, chili and sandwiches. Santa will also be on hand from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.