1. Rain expected today all day, according to weather.com. Not so good for all those shoppers. A high of 55 at least, so warmer than yesterday, according to the site.
2. Look at our ultimate guide to Black Friday, which ran on Wednesday. It literally goes through every sale in town, so is a nice thing to have today.
3. An article listing the best meals at the Crystal Mall is running at 11 a.m. today by Patch food guru Mike Costanza, a man armed with great taste buds and an even better last name. Not to give anything anyway, but you might want to check out the reuben at Meyer's Deli.
4. A rare public service announcement from Patch. Thanksgiving weekend is notorious for having far too many accidents, and all the shoppers on the road will only make things worse. Take it easy out there; don't drive 800 miles an hour so you can still make that sale on the plaid sandals. Trust me, it isn't worth it.
5. On this date, in 1977, at 5:10 p.m., half the televisions in Britian were interrupted with a 6-minute transmission by Vrillon, who claimed to be a extraterrestrial being. Vrillion told the viewers that "all your weapons of evil must be destroyed" and "you have but a short time to learn to live together in peace." Oddly, the interruption took over only the sound, with the regular video running as expected. To this day, British officials have yet to find out who was behind the hoax. That is, if it was a hoax….
Quote of the Day:
"I always knew I was going to be rich. I don't think I ever doubted it for a minute."
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something