1. Today should be sunny, with a high near 63, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 46, according to the service.
2. Dressbarn, a store that sells clothes and accessories for women, is now open at the Crystal Mall.
The store is located on the second floor of the mall, in the middle of the mall. To learn more about the products Dressbarn sells, click here.
3. Today, Columbus Day weekend is over. School is back in session and all non-essential government offices will reopen, including Waterford Town Hall.
4. On October 21, The Thames Stamp Club will host the Thamespex 2012 Stamp Show from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Clark Lane Middle School.
The show will consist of 10 stamp dealers and more than 80 frames of stamp exhibits. Other activities will include door prizes and raffles; and admission to the show is free. There will be food and beverages at the show.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
5. On this date in 1967, Marxist revolutionary Ernesto “Che” Guevara (the guy on all the tee-shirts) was executed for attempting to incite a rebellion in Bolivia.
And on this date in 1919, the Cincinnati Reds won the World Series over the Chicago White Sox. However the victory would be tainted, as White Sox players would later admit to taking money from gamblers to throw the series. Eight of the White Sox players were banned from baseball for life, including the legendary “Shoeless” Joe Jackson.
Quote of the Day
“If you build it, he will come.”
-As told to Ray Kinsella
Trivia of the Day
What movie is the Quote of the Day from?
Yesterday’s Answer: Richard Dawson was the first host of Family Feud.