1. It should rain this afternoon, with a high around 53 expected for today, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight, the rains continue, with a low around 45, according to the service.
2. Three more families in need came in at the last second or for donors to buy gifts for their children, Youth Services Director Dani Gorman said Tuesday. Good news was the , and the Waterford Democratic Town Committee both donated gifts at the last minute, so the families were taken care of, Gorman said.
The Oswegatchie Santa runs actually produced far more gifts than even needed, with about 100 in all, Gorman said. The extra gifts were spread out to other families, she said.
3. Last week, the Board of Finance approved of Lathrop Road, Upper Bartlett Road and Gurley Road.
The work still has to be approved by the Representative Town Meeting. Once passed, the can begin work on the road in the spring.
4. At the Dec. 12 meeting of the Police Commission, the board approved putting no parking signs on one side of Stoneheights Drive, according to meeting minutes. Waterford Traffic Officer David Anderson recommended the move to “eliminate citizen’s complaints about a possible head-on collision due to limited sight lines on a narrow curve near the entrance to Cluster E of Stoneheights Condominium complex,” according to the minutes.
5. A day of entertainment firsts. On this date in 1937, the first full-length animated feature film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, premiers in Hollywood. And on this date in 1913, the first crossword puzzle is published in the New York World.
Quote of the Day
“Now is the winter of our discontent.”
Trivia of the Day
Who won the most WWE championships?
Yesterday’s Answer: The Louisiana Purchase was made between Napoleon Bonaparte and Thomas Jefferson.