1. Today should be sunny, with a high near 80, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 60, according to the service.
2. Tonight, the Planning and Zoning Commission meets at 7 in , and should most likely make a decision on an application by Kobyluck Brothers LLC to . There is also a proposal by 22 Miner Lane LLC to install a “multi-family development” at 22 Miner Lane. Patch will have more information on the proposal this week.
3. Speaking of proposals, there is an application before the Zoning Board of Appeals by Dayton Real Estate LLC to change the use of 114 Dayton Road from a daycare to a place of worship. Again, Patch will have more details of this proposal this week.
4. Today, Dennis Carey is expected in New London Superior Court for his next appearance.
Carey, the former pastor of Waterford’s St. Paul in Chains Rectory, was arrested . As you might have guessed from our previous two entries, Patch will have an update on the appearance by Tuesday.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
5. On this date in 1868, the 14th Amendment to the Constitution is ratified, which gave blacks full citizenship and guaranteed everybody in the United States due process of law. And today is O.J. Simpson’s 65th birthday.
Quote of the Day
“Diligence is the mother of good luck.”
Trivia of the Day
Who is the editor-in-chief of ESPN’s new site, Grantland (hint: his nickname is “The Sports Guy”)?
Friday’s Answer: The name of Katy Perry’s first big album was One of the Boys, featuring hits “I Kissed a Girl,” “Hot n Cold,” “Thinking of You” and “Waking up in Vegas.”