1. Today should be sunny, with a high around 59, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 45, according to the service.
2. Some news from the Waterford Police Department’s Facebook page.
On October 5 the department announced on its Facebook page that a suspect in the Crystal Mall voyeur incidents has been identified. Police refused all further comment, as it is still an active investigation.
Earlier this month, the department sent out a press release saying a man had twice tried to spy on people in changing rooms in clothing stores in the Crystal Mall. The man allegedly had a camera attached to the top of his sneaker and would put his foot underneath the door of changing rooms to try to take pictures of people changing. Twice in September, the man was confronted, and twice the man ran away.
As mentioned, a suspect has now been identified as the alleged Crystal Mall peeping Tom. Patch will continue to follow this story.
3. Tonight, from 5:30 to 7:30, Dynamic Alliance is celebrating its 10-year anniversary at its location at 12 Douglas Lane.
Dynamic Alliance is an information technology consulting and management firm that specializes in providing consulting and management services to small-and-medium-sized businesses, according to the company’s website. Tonight, an event will be held at the event with the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut, and there will be hors d'oeuvres and beverages catered by A Thyme to Cook.
We at Waterford Patch congratulate Dynamic Alliance on its decade in business.
4. I’m told the inter-faith food locker is running low on food, and is in need of some donations.
The food locker gives to people in need in Waterford. To donate to the food locker, bring non-perishable food to the Town Hall receptionist during regular working hours, which are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
5. On this date in 1975, Saturday Night Live debuted on NBC, with George Carlin serving as the show’s first host. And on this date in 2001, the Polaroid Corporation filed for bankruptcy.
Quote of the Day
“A man is what he thinks about all day long.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Trivia of the Day
What is the University of Maryland’s mascot?
Yesterday’s Answer: James Buchanan was the only bachelor president.