1. Today, rain is likely after 11 a.m., with a high near 58, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight, there is a chance the rain will continue, with a low around 45, according to the service.
2. Tickets will go on sale starting on April 30th for WATERFORDrama’s performance of "Les Miserables," which will run on May 17 to the 19th.
The tickets are $12 for adults and $7 for students. Tickets can be purchased starting April 30th during school hours either at the main office or by calling 860-437-6956 ext. 728.
3. The March-April issue of the magazine “Corporate Responsibility” listed Dominion Resources, which owns Millstone Power Station, as the 84th best corporate citizen for 2012. The magazine ranked the companies based on environment, climate change, human rights, employee relations, corporate governance, philanthropy and financial standing.
4. Tonight, the Conservation Commission continues its public hearing on a proposal by Kobyluck Brothers LLC’s proposal to The meeting is at 7 in Town Hall.
5. On this date in 1986, explosions occur in the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the USSR, where a large amount of radioactive materials went into the atmosphere. And on this date in 1933, the Gestapo, the Nazi’s secret police force, is formed in Germany.
Quote of the Day
“A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body – the wish bone.”
Trivia of the Day
What country singer’s second-wife was June Carter?
Yesterday’s Answer: The USS Maine sunk in the Havana Harbor, leading to the beginning of the Spanish-American War.