1. What's the weather? It looks like we're going to have a glorious week. Weather.com is predicting mostly sunny skies through Friday with highs in the low to mid-80s and overnight lows of in the mid-60s. There's just a 10 percent chance of rain today, Thursday and Friday.
2. Tax-free shopping week started in Connecticut on Sunday. This is the week to get all those back to school supplies.
3. Municipal Meetings this week are as follows. (All meetings are at Waterford Town Hall unless otherwise noted. The Personnel Review Board meeting originally scheduled for Monday has been CANCELLED):
- Monday: Democratic Town Committee, 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Board of Selectmen, 5 p.m.; Board of Education Building Committee, 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Board of Education IT Committee, 3 p.m.; Economic Development, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Human Resources, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; Conservation Commission, 7 p.m.; Board of Education, 7 p.m.; Tile Committee (at the Community Center, 4:30 p.m.)
5. Roadwork will continue to cause delays in Waterford this week on Route 85 and around Millstone and Governor's Landing, among others.