- Monday: Mostly sunny with a high of 49 degrees and a low of 43 degrees. There's just a 10 percent chance of rain, increasing to 20 percent overnight.
- Tuesday: Bring your umbrella. There's a 70 percent chance of rain today, with a high temperature of 47 degrees and a low of 35 degrees.
- Wednesday: Mostly cloudy but dry, with a high of 45 degrees. Overnight temperatures will drop to 28 degrees.
- Thursday: Rain and possibly snow showers are likely. The high temperature will reach just 39 degrees with an overnight low of 29 degrees.
- Friday: Partly cloudy but no chance of rain so far. The high temperature is expected to top out at 43 degrees with an overnight low of 29 degrees.
- Monday: Animal Control Ad Hoc Committee will hold a special meeting at 5:30 p.m. at Waterford Town Hall; Planning and Zoning Commission meets at 7 p.m. at Waterford Town Hall; Police Commission meets at 7 p.m. at Waterford Police Department
- Tuesday: Historic Properties Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. in Waterford Town Hall
- Wednesday: Youth Services Advisory Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. at 200 Boston Post Road; Economic Development Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. in Waterford Town Hall; Ethics Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. at Waterford Police Department
On Saturday, the Library hosts "Crafty Kids," a craft-making session for all ages from 10 a.m. to noon.
4. In the Swim: Waterford High School pool opened January 6 for public swimming sessions every morning 6 a.m. to 7:15 a.m. and evenings, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday (open swim 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.; lap swim 7:45 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.). The pool opened this past weekend for the season with hours as follows: Saturdays open swimming 3-4:30 p.m.; lap swimming 4:30-6 p.m.; Sundays lap swim 3-4 p.m., open swim 4-5:45 p.m.
The pool is open to all Waterford residents, free of charge, ID required.
5. Don't forget:
- Monday, January 13, Waterford Rep. Betsy Ritter will be at Waterford Public Library to hear constituent concerns from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m..
- Monday, January 13, Waterford Republican Town Committee will hold a caucus to choose a new slate at 7 p.m. in Waterford Town Hall.
- Martin Luther King Day is Monday, January 20. Waterford Schools will be closed to mark the occasion.