2. The final concert at Waterford Beach Park brings the Caribbean close to home with the tropical sounds of Steel Dream's steel drums and percussion. If you haven't made it to one of these concerts yet, make it tonight at 6 p.m. Admission is free!
3. Let Freedom Ring! All across the country, bells will be tolling at 3 p.m. today to commemorate the anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech on the Washington Mall. Gov. Dannel Malloy is encouraging everyone to join in.
4. Did you see the moon last night? Are you sure it wasn't Mars? If you're puzzled by the night sky, you're not alone. Find out more about what astronomers have come to know as the "Mars Hoax."
5. Is anyone missing a soccer ball and cleats? A gym bag was turned in to Waterford Police Department yesterday containing a Majestic soccer ball and size four cleats. It was found on Route 156 by the Jordan Fire House and the traffic light at 213. The Waterford police thoughtfully posted this on their Facebook page because the officer figured there might be an upset boy or girl missing soccer gear right now. Call Waterford Police Department at 860-442-9451 if it's yours.
- If you have an event you'd like to promote, post it on Patch's awesome calendar.
- Do you have an opinion? Post it on Speak Out.
- Do you have something to announce to the world
- Are you a business in town with news
- Do you have something you'd like to sell, trade, or buy?