2. Municipal Meetings Today:
- Waterford Board of Selectmen meets at the Louise T. Appleby Meeting Room in Waterford Town Hall tonight at 5 p.m.
- Waterford Board of Education Building Committee meets at the Board of Education Conference Room in Waterford Town Hall at 5:30 p.m.
- Waterford Utilities Commission meets at the town offices on Route 85 at 6 p.m.
- Waterford Police Commission meets at Waterford Police Department at 7 p.m.
4. Town Spending: The Board of Selectmen is being asked to approve a number of appropriations for capital improvement projects, including:
- $12,500 for dredging in Alewife Cove
- $38,995 to fix the heating and air conditioning system in the Community Center.
- A request from Fire Services Director Bruce Miller to award the bid to pave the Jordan Fire House parking lot (cost $97,890) to YB Paving LLC of Seymour.
- A request from Police Chief Murray Pendleton to award a bid of $172,142.50 to Grossman Chevrolet of Old Saybrook to purchase six 2014 Chevrolet Caprice police vehicles and $31,465 to Northwest Hills Dealerships of Torrington to buy one 2014 Chevrolet Tahoe patrol supervisor SUV vehicle.
- A request from Neftali Soto, Utility Commission Chief Engineer, to award a bid for $82,290 to Lombardi Construction LLC of Montville to replace the sewer main at Richards Grove Road.