1. Another beautiful day is ahead of us, with sunny skies and no chance of rain. Weather.com is predicting a high temperature of 69 degrees with an overnight low of 47 degrees.
2. Today is National Voter Registration Day and the League of Women Voters of southeastern Connecticut will be holding voter registrations at the Waterford Public Library from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you will be 18 years old by Election Day, (Nov. 5), are a Connecticut resident and a U.S. citizen, you are eligible to register. Just bring your CT driver's license or provide the last four digits of your Social Security number. For more information about LWV of SECT go to email@example.com.
3. Hurricane historian Louis Allyn and New London Historian Sally Ryan will present a program about the great storm of September 21, 1938, with stories and pictures showing before and after scenes of the devastation wrought by the great hurricane of 1938. The program will be held at Waterford Public Library at 6:30 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own pictures, memorabilia and memories to share.
4. Waterford's Board of Selectmen meets tonight at Town Hall at 5 p.m. The biggest items on the agenda will be a request to waive the bidding process to award a contract for $24,235 to Ron Turley and Associates of Phoenix, Ariz. to upgrade software in the Public Works Department. They will also consider a proposal to dispose of some of the town's computer hardware, some of which may be sold.
5. Waterford's Board of Selectmen is likely to act to accept the resignation of William R. Kenyon from the Economic Development Commission, effective immediately, and at the request of Planning Director Dennis Goderre, to reappoint Edwin Maguire as a member of the Planning and Zoning Commission.