- Congressman Joe Courtney (2nd District) will be bringing Katherine Hackett of Moodus. Hackett is an unemployed mother of two U.S,. servicemen, both of whose unemployment compensation benefits ended December 28. Courtney hopes to extend those benefits.
- Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty (5th District) will be bringing Lori Pelletier, leader of Connecticut's AFL-CIO. Esty's goal is to strengthen U.S. manufacturing in hopes of growing middle-class jobs.
- Congressman Jim Himes (4th District) will bring Lucas Codognolla, a Stamford resident, the son of illegal immigrants and a UConn graduate ,who spearheaded “CT Students for a DREAM” (“Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors”). Himes hopes to highlight immigration reform.
- Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro (3rd District) will be bringing Lilly Ledbetter, plaintiff in the Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire and Rubber. The case, which made its way to the Supreme Court, deals with employment discrimination. The Fair Pay Act of 2009 was named for Ledbetter.
- Congressman John Larson (1st District), will be bringing along East Hartford Mayor Marcia LeClerc.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something