Waterford Planning to Update Willets Ave

The $680k project will be paid mostly by the state.

A press release from the Waterford Public Works Department:

The Town of Waterford, Connecticut has proposed a project to reclaim and pave Willetts Avenue from the intersection of Route 1 to the New London town line.  The project is in the concept stage and may be recommended for construction under the Surface Transportation Program administered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation.  This project, if supported by the community and Waterford officials, will be designed by Waterford.

It is the Town’s and the State’s policy to keep persons informed and involved when such projects are undertaken.  It is important that the community share its concerns to assist in the project’s development.

It is planned to grind up the existing pavement, remix the base material, removing any excess material and repave the roadway.  Some detours, alternating one-way traffic and other traffic measures will be required during the construction.  At this time it is estimated that the construction will take place in the Spring of 2014.

Based upon preliminary assessment the construction cost will be approximately $680,000.  It is anticipated that the project will be funded through the STP (Urban/Rural) Program in which the Town will be reimbursed by the Federal Highway Administration for 80% of the construction cost, with the remaining 20% provided by the Town.

Anyone interested in obtaining further information or providing input may do so by contacting Kristin Zawacki, Director of Public Works, Town of Waterford, 860.444.5864 by January 25, 2013.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »