The Connecticut State Police 2012 Holiday enforcement program known as Operation S.A.N.T.A. (S-top A-nother N-eedless T-ragic A-ccident) ends on New Year's Day, but police will be out in force tonight.
DUI enforcement increased dramatically during this holiday season, netting a high number of arrests for driving under the influence, distracted driving, and seatbelt violations as people headed home from holiday parties.
If you are planning to consume alcohol at a festive event, make plans in advance for a non-drinking driver to bring you home. If you spot a suspected drunk driver, call 911 and report it to the police.
State Police Troopers have scheduled enhanced DUI enforcement operations on the roads and highways all across Connecticut for December 31, 2012, including the following locations.
New Year's Eve DUI Patrols
- Roving patrols in Routes 2, 2A, 12, 164, 165, 214 and Interstates 95 and 395 in the towns of East Lyme, Griswold, Groton, Lisbon, Montville, New London, North Stonington, Norwich, Preston, Stonington, and Waterford
- Roving patrols on Interstate 95 in the Troop F patrol area
- Roving patrols on Interstate 95 between New Haven and Stamford And Routes 8 and 25 between Bridgeport, Trumbull and Shelton
- Roving patrols, on Routes 30, 32, 44, 83, 89, 140, 190, 195 and Interstate 84 in towns of Somers, Ellington, Union, Tolland, Mansfield, Ashford, Willington, and Stafford
- Roving patrols on Interstate 91 in the Troop I patrol area