1. Week in Review: Two big stories came out of Waterford’s board of education meeting Thursday. Several programs and teachers thanks to some cuts and other funds, and was hired as the new principal of Clark Lane Middle School.
In other news, two RTM members said , with both citing the same reason. Statistics and testimonials were used to derive two other stories; one on the and the . The federal government gave Millstone Power Station , the Waterford Police Department visited all , the issue of the need for senior housing was dissected and vigilant neighbors managed to foil two burglary attempts.
2. This week in weather: Really, a beautiful week that is straight out of a San Diego weather report. Today, mostly sunny with a high of 70, Monday, mostly sunny with a high of 73, Tuesday, mostly sunny with a high of 74, Wednesday, mostly sunny with a high of 72, Thursday, sunny and a high of 71, Friday, sunny with a high of 66 and Saturday, sunny with a high of 68. No rain is predicted for any day. This could be the best weather week of the entire year.
*All information garnered from this report is from weather.com.
3. This week in schools: Now that the budget is finally finalized, it gets back to the day-to-day activities. It's a four-day week due to the holiday on Monday.
The highlights of the week: On Tuesday, Clark Lane Middle School sixth-graders will put on a concert at 7 p.m. On Monday at 7:30 p.m., Waterford Drama Awards holds it seventh annual award ceremony. And Saturday was the prom, so congratulations to all the seniors.
4. This week in government: It will be a very quiet week in government. Town Hall is closed Monday. The zoning board of appeals meets on Thursday, the board charged with finding a solution in the .
The big news really happens next week. The animal shelter committee is seeking money from the board of selectmen, and the Representative Town Meeting convenes to approve a , among other things.
5. This week in events: The calendar has really been filling up with a variety of events contributed by different people, so thank you. Second, if you are looking for fun things to do with the kids for the next few days, click here, and for adults, click here (Backstreet Boys and New Kids On The Block are performing at the same time. Just saying.). Also, on Saturday, June 4, the Crystal Mall hosts a singing contest in which competitors face off for the opportunity to sing the national anthem at a Connecticut Tigers game. The competition is from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Good luck.
Quote of the Week
"Come gather 'round people ; Wherever you roam ; And admit that the waters; Around you have grown; And accept it that soon; You'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you; Is worth savin'; Then you better start swimmin'; Or you'll sink like a stone ; For the times they are a-changin'.
Trivia of the Day
In November 2004, Rolling Stone released its list of the 500 greatest songs of all time. What song was picked as the greatest?
Friday’s Answer: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson both died on July 4, 1826.