1. Today should be mostly sunny, with a high around 41, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight snow is likely, with 3 to 5 inches of accumulation possible, according to the service.
2. The public works department will do its regular Wednesday trash pick-up today. The department has still not rescheduled Monday’s trash pick-up, which was cancelled because of the blizzard. Also, the public works department is asking residents not to put debris or brush from the blizzard on, in or near the road.
3. On Saturday, March 2nd there is a “Parents Night Out” fundraiser at Langley’s Restaurant in the Great Neck Country Club.
The event runs from 7 to 10 and costs $20 per ticket. The fundraiser will benefit the Waterford High School Class of 2013’s drug-and-alcohol-free graduation party.
To purchase tickets call Rosemary Crawford (860) 460-9633 or Lisa McDermott (860) 442-3008.
4. Tonight, the Board of Finance meets at 7 in Town Hall.
This is the last meeting the board will have before they begin their budget reviews in March. Tonight is a short meeting, with mainly correspondence and liaison reports on the agenda. There is time for public comment at the beginning of the meeting.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
5. On this date in 2000, the last original “Peanuts” comic strip appeared in newspapers one day after Charles Schultz died. And on this date in 1960, after a successful nuclear test, France became the fourth nation in the world to possess nuclear weapons.
Quote of the Day
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
Trivia of the Day
What is the name of the “Peanuts” character that played the piano?
Yesterday’s Answer: The first person to go into outer space was Russian Yuri Gagarin.