1. Today should be partly sunny, with a high around 44, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 26, according to the service.
2. First Selectman Dan Steward has announced that Kristin Zawacki has taken over as the new director of public works.
Zawacki was the assistant director of public works, but took over on January 1 after former director Ron Cusano retired. Cusano had held the job for 12 years.
The town is now looking to hire a new assistant director of public works, as the spot is currently vacant.
3. Waterford Emergency Management has confirmed that the town will do Tuesday’s regular trash run today, although has not yet decided when to make up Monday's trash run.
The public works department cancelled trash pick-up Monday and has not yet announced when it will make it up. The department said it will do Tuesday's trash pick-up on Tuesday though as scheduled.
4. This evening at 5:30, the School Building Committee meets at Waterford Town Hall.
The committee will discuss the ongoing work at Waterford High School. Students are expected to move into the new school after the April break, which is the first week in April. The group will also consider $138,271.91 in change orders this evening.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
5. On this date in 1999, President Bill Clinton was acquitted by the US Senate in his impeachment trial. And on this date in 1914, the first stone of the Lincoln Memorial was put in place.
Quote of the Day
“Mistakes are the portals of discovery.”
Trivia of the Day
What was the first person to go into space?
Yesterday’s Answer: Benjamin Franklin opened Pennsylvania Hospital, the first hospital in the United States.