1. Today should be cloudy in the morning and then become increasingly more sunny, with a high around 71, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 64, according to the service.
2. I’m back! I know, you all missed me terribly (I being Waterford Patch editor Paul Petrone, after a week’s vacation). In all reality, Jayne Keedle did a fantastic job replacing me as always. Anyway, again feel free to e-mail any comments, concerns, news tips or anything else to me at email@example.com.
3. Speaking of Keedle, the most popular story she wrote when I was gone was about a brawl at graduation. Well a group known as the “Tilly Street Chronicles” has added a video of the melee to the story. To watch it,
4. Today, the School Building Committee meets at 4:30 p.m. at the main lobby of Waterford High School to take a tour This meeting, like any town meeting, is open to the public. Anybody who would like to go on the tour can meet at that place and time to see what the school looks like. Or, you can wait until Wednesday to see all the pictures Patch posted about it.
5. On this date in 1978, the comic Garfield is first published. Garfield would go on to be the most widely syndicated comic in the world. And on this date in 1953, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were executed in New York.
Quote of the Day
“Most people do not prey, they only beg.”
-George Bernard Shaw
Trivia of the Day
Why were Julius and Ethel Rosenberg executed by the United States government?
Yesterday’s Answer: “Ride, Sally, Ride” was performed by American rocker Lou Reed.