1. Today should be mostly sunny, with a high near 81, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 67, according to the service.
2. Tonight, the Planning and Zoning Commission meets at 7, and will hold a pre-application meeting with the owners of , who want to install a pool, cabana and deck at the Mago Point restaurant.
Patch will have more information about this proposal soon.
3. Today, has a court date at 10 a.m. in New London Superior Court.
Carey was arrested in July after cops found more than inside Waterford's . Carey admitted to police he is addicted to child pornography, according to court records, and has since said he needs help.
Carey put in a plea of
4. , which sits within the Winding Hill Plaza, is expanding into an adjacent unit in the plaza, which will greatly increase the size of the store, according to a report by Town Planner Mark Wujtewicz.
5. Nothing interesting happened on this date, so instead we’ll do the birthdays of wrestlers with memorable names. Today the 7’ 1” Great Khali turns 40, and Sgt. Slaughter (real name Robert Remus) turns 64. So there you go.
Quote of the Day
“The future starts today, not tomorrow.”
-Pope John Paul II
Trivia of the Day
What animal eats almost nothing but eucalypt leaves?
Friday’s Answer: Murphy Brown ran from 1988 to 1998 and starred Candice Bergen.