1. Today should be partly sunny, with a high near 53, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 39, according to the service.
2. There are two Christmas tree lighting ceremonies scheduled in the very near future. Tuesday at 5:30 p.m., the Town Hall Christmas tree will be lit up. There will also be carolers and snacks. And this Saturday, the Christmas tree on the Quaker Hill green will be lit up at 5.
Editor's Note: I'm told the the Town Hall Christmas tree will be lit at 6 p.m. Tuesday, with caroling beginning at 5:45.
3. Want to help the Waterford High School Class of 2013 and have your name forever emboldened on the grounds of Waterford High School? Here’s your chance. The Waterford High School Class of 2013 is now selling engraved bricks that will be placed on the Waterford High School campus once construction on the new high school is complete. Bricks cost between $50 and $55. For more information and how to order a brick, click here.
4. Tonight, Waterford’s Representative Town Meeting will meet for its bi-monthly regular meeting at 7:30 in Town Hall. On the agenda is to "correct" the salaries of elected officials, to accept the property 325b Boston Post Road as a gift to the town and to set budget recommendations for the 2013-14 Fiscal Year Budget.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
5. On this date in 1976, musician Bob Marley was shot twice. Undeterred, he played a concert two days later. And on this date in 1818, Illinois was inducted as the 21st United States’ state.
Quote of the Day
“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
Trivia of the Day
What two men who weren’t presidents are featured on United States bills?
Yesterday’s Answer: Dick Clark would have turned 83 on November 30th, if he had not died in April of this year.