1. Today should be mostly sunny, with a high near 50, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be clear, with a low around 28, according to the service.
2. As we reported Monday, to the general public. The Atlanta-based chain’s new location will be in Waterford Commons, in the same building as across from .
However, Moe’s is holding a fundraiser Wednesday evening from 5 to 8, according to resident Cindy Mei Baude, who posted it on Waterford Patch’s Facebook page. People will pay $5 to eat, with the money going to benefit the Class of 2012, according to Baude. All are welcome, Baude said.
3. We would like to thank Waterford native Erin Paul, who is currently a graduate student at the University of Las Vegas. Paul sent us the picture on this article of a street sign for Waterford Lane in Las Vegas, a little taste of home 2,300 miles away.
If anybody wants to send us any other pictures of Waterfords across the world, feel free to e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Tonight at 5 inside , the Board of Selectmen continues its budget reviews. Tonight the board will review the budgets of , , , the Board of Finance and the town’s contingency fund.
5. On this date in 2003, the United States Department of Homeland Security officially opens. And on this date in 1978, Soviet satellite Cosmos 954 burns up in the earth’s atmosphere. Cosmos 954 had a nuclear reactor onboard, so when it burned up it scattered radioactive debris over Canada’s Northwest Territories. Only 1 percent of the debris was recovered.
Quote of the Day
“Americans play to win at all times.”
Trivia of the Day
What quarterback has the most playoff road wins in NFL history?
Yesterday’s Answer: Lyndon Johnson died on Jan. 22, 1973, one day before a ceasefire was signed in Vietnam.