1. Today should be sunny, with a high near 62, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 38, according to the service.
2. Tonight, plays against Notre Dame-Fairfield in 7:30. If Waterford wins, they would play in the Class M State Championship on Friday in the Mohegan Sun Arena.
Update: The game is not in Waterford, but at 7:30 p.m. at Sheehan High School in Wallingford.
3. Also tonight at 7, the Board of Finance will hold a regular meeting, and then continue its budget reviews. The finance board will review a letter by Board Chairman Paul Altman demanding that Waterford pay SEAT $5,812. The Board of Selectmen , saying the letter was a “bully” move.
For the budget review, the finance board will review the budget for the town’s fire services.
4. Dominion, , is encouraging teachers and college professors to apply for $1.3 million in educational grants, according to a company press release.
Dominion is accepting applications until May 1 for $1.3 million in grants for programs that focus on energy, the environment and for developing workforce knowledge and skills, according to the release. More information is available here.
5. On this date in 1964, Jack Ruby is found guilty of killing Lee Harvey Oswald. Ruby shot Oswald in the basement of Houston Police Headquarters after Oswald was arrested for shooting President John F. Kennedy. And on this date in 1794, Eli Whitney is granted a patent for the cotton gin.
Quote of the Day
“I will not make an age an issue in this campaign. I’m not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent’s youth and inexperience.”
Trivia of the Day
What British actor starred in Momma Mia!, Bridget Jones’s Diary and Love Actually?
Yesterday’s Answer: Mercury is the closet planet to the sun.