1. Today, rain and winds are expected, with a high around 44, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight, there is a chance of rain before midnight, with a low around 27, according to the service.
2. On Saturday, April 20th, the Waterford School District is holding a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the opening of the new addition to Waterford High School, according to the district’s website.
The event will feature tours of the . Students will move into the new building on April 8th, but this will be a chance for the entire community to see the school.
3. This morning is the annual State of Waterford breakfast at Filomena’s, put on by the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut.
At the event, First Selectman Dan Steward, Superintendent Jerome Belair and others will give an update on the state of Waterford. The event costs $5 for chamber members and $10 for everyone else. A continental breakfast will be served.
4. Tonight, the School Building Committee meets at 5:30 in Town Hall. The group will discuss the ongoing $67 million renovation of Waterford High School.
Also tonight, the Board of Selectmen meet at 5 in Town Hall and the Utility Commission meets at 6 in the public works complex. All three meetings are open to the public.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
5. On this date in 2003, President George W. Bush ordered the start of the war against Iraq. And on this date in 1962, Bob Dylan released his first album, entitled Bob Dylan.
Quote of the Day
“What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in-between does what he wants to do.”
Trivia of the Day
On this date in 1931, gambling was legalized in what state?
Yesterday’s Answer: Jupiter has the most moons of any planet in our solar system.