1. Today should be mostly cloudy, with a high around 45, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 25, according to the service.
2. At the Board of Education meeting Thursday night, Superintendent Jerome Belair announced that Clark Lane Middle School Assistant Principal Lynn Lynch will be retiring at the end of the year. Waterford is now searching for a replacement.
Lynch is one of several Waterford administrators retiring this year. Waterford High School Principal Don Macrino and Oswegatchie Elementary School Principal Nancy Macione are both retiring at the end of the year as well.
3. The SpringHill Suites by Marriott located in Waterford has recently completed a renovation on the hotel’s public spaces and guestrooms, according to a Marriott press release.
The SpringHill Suites renovations included upgrades to the hotel lobby, including a new front desk, business center, hot breakfast buffet, food market and the addition of a communal table with added seating, according to the release. The hotel’s exercise area was also expanded, accord to the release.
For more information, click here.
4. Three new movies open tonight at Waterford’s Regal Cinemas.
21 and Over, a comedy about college students, plays at 7:10 and 9:30. Jack the Giant Slayer, a science fiction flick that’s rated PG-13, plays at 6:45 and plays in 3D at 4:40, 7:20 and 9:45. And The Last Exorcism Part II, a horror, plays at 4, 7:30 and 10.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
5. On this date in 1936, the Hoover Dam was completed. And on this date in 1932, Charles Lindbergh III – the son of famous pilot Charles Lindbergh – was kidnapped. Two months later, his body was found a short distance from Lindbergh’s home.
Quote of the Day
“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”
Trivia of the Day
On this date in 1998, this film became the first movie to gross more than $1 billion worldwide. What film was it?
Yesterday’s Answer: Bubba Smith played Moses Hightower in the Police Academy movies series.