1. Today should be sunny, with a high around 44, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low of 31, according to the service.
2. “Gift certificates” are now available at the for people who make donations toward a new animal shelter, according to the If somebody makes a donation for , they will get a certificate in a photo frame card with a picture of a puppy from the animal shelter, according to the minutes.
3. Today, meets at 5:30 in to vote on 23 different change orders. Also, the committee will vote on a $39,600 additional appropriation to drill into stone as part of setting four foundations for four Musco lights around one of the sport's field. In January, the committee unanimously approved $157,800 above the original bid to install Musco lights around the field instead of standard lights, according to commission minutes.
4. Just something that has been floating around Facebook: Go to google.com and search “let it snow,” and then wait for a minute. It’s pretty cool.
5. On this date in 1803, the United States and France finalize the Louisiana Purchase. The US paid $15 million for 828,000 square miles of land, or less than 3 cents per acre. And on this date in 1860, South Carolina becomes the first state to secede from the US.
Quote of the Day
“I have good looking kids. Thank goodness my wife cheats on me.”
Trivia of the Day
The Louisiana Purchase was made between one of the most famous US presidents and one of the most famous generals in French history. Who were they?
Yesterday’s Answer: Jon Huntsman, former governor of Utah, is running for president as a Republican.