1. Today should be mostly sunny, with a high near 81, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 61, according to the service.
2. An application has been filed with the Planning and Zoning Commission to transform the former Blinderman properties off of Cross Road into a multi-use development, according to a report by Town Planner Mark Wujtewicz.
The properties, which are located at 132 Cross Road and 70-74 Foster Road, used to house Blinderman Motor Lines, a . Now, a new developer wants to reuse the existing buildings for a variety of purposes, according to the report.
One of the buildings, which is about 19,000 square feet, will be turned into four separate units, according to the report. American Trucking, a retail business specializing in the sale and installation of truck accessories, will use two units, the report said. A third unit will be used for the rental and sale of construction equipment, and the fourth unit and another building on the property will be used for storage, according to the report.
The buildings at 70 and 72 Foster Road are now being used by B&W Paving and Landscaping and will continue to be used by the company, according to the report. Additionally, there is an application to add a 12,000 square foot addition to the 7,000 square foot building at 72 Foster Road, according to the report.
The Blindermans sold the properties in April to
3. Today at 12:30, on how to prepare for hurricanes and other natural disasters in the .
Along with being the police chief, Pendleton is also the . Pendleton will offer tips on how people can help themselves, their families and their neighbors through disasters.
The event is open to the public.
4. is holding a ribbon-cutting ceremony to welcome a new GEICO Insurance office at 711 Broad Street on September 21 at 2 p.m.
The office is across the street from , just past the New London border.
5. On this date in 2007, a computer program called the Storm botnet set a record by sending out 57 million spam e-mails in one day. And on this date in 1902, Theodore Roosevelt became the first president to ride in an automobile.
Quote of the Day
“He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.”
Trivia of the Day
Who played Felix and Oscar in the 1968 movie The Odd Couple?
Yesterday’s Answer: Bill Clinton is the only president to earn a Rhodes scholarship to the University of Oxford.