1. Today, there is a slight chance of showers and possibly thunderstorms in the afternoon, with a high near 61, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 37, according to the service.
2. Charter Oak Federal Credit Union officially bought 1055 Hartford Turnpike, which is at the intersection of Hartford Turnpike and Industrial Drive, from Massad Development LLC for $1.65 million on April 5.
Charter Oak is planning to build its corporate headquarters at the spot. Recently, the credit union received approval from the Waterford Utility Commission to extend the town’s sewer line to the property. The property is 7.73 acres, according to the Waterford assessor’s office.
3. At a Planning and Zoning Commission Monday night, the group held a public hearing on Kobyluck Brothers LLC’s at 28 Industrial Drive.
In the hearing, the applicant said the proposal would mean an extra 60 truck trips per day to the facility. A traffic expert hired by Kobyluck said those 60 trips would not affect the overall traffic rating at the three intersections between I-395 and Industrial Drive, which is the likely route the trucks would be taking.
The public hearing was continued until April 23.
4. The intersection of Old Norwich Road and Benham Avenue will be closed on Wednesday because of sewer line excavation work, according to The Day.
The intersection will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, according to The Day. There will detour signs around the intersection, according to The Day.
5. On this date in 1970, Paul McCartney announces he is leaving The Beatles for personal and professional reasons. And on this date in 1912, the Titanic sets sail from England on its first and only voyage.
Quote of the Day
“Picasso had his pink period and his blue period. I am in my blonde period right now.”
Trivia of the Day
On this date in 1925, The Great Gatsby is first published in New York City. Who wrote the book?
Yesterday’s Answer: The Christ the Redeemer statue is in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.