1. Today should be sunny, with a high near 83, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight there is a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms, with a low around 65, according to the service.
2. Tonight, the Board of Education meets to do its yearly self-evaluation and its evaluation of Superintendent Jerome Belair. Belair has been superintendent at , taking over for long-time superintendent and current Groton interim superintendent Randall Collins.
Last year, the , saying there was no doubt about his credibility.
3. Today is an exciting day at Patch as it is the birth of The Lymes Patch, which covers Old Lyme, Lyme and East Lyme. I consider this to be Waterford’s sister site, and we will be able to share a lot content, which will make both sites better and more diverse. Anyway, if you like Waterford Patch, I’m sure you’ll like The Lymes Patch as well, and I hope you like its Facebook page and become a regular reader of a great site.
4. Just a heads up. I went Wednesday night and had the best meatball grinder of my life. Fantastic, it was awesome. Anyway, might be worth checking out, if you haven’t already.
5. On this date in 1997, Mike Tyson was disqualified in the third round of his fight against Evander Holyfield for biting off part of Holyfield’s ear. And on this date in 1978, the United States Supreme Court ruled that quota systems in college admissions are unconstitutional.
Quote of the Day
“What is once well done is done forever.”
-Henry David Thoreau
Trivia of the Day
Who was president of the United States when the Panama Canal was competed?
Yesterday’s Answer: Brazil produces more coffee than any other country in the world. Brazil is responsible for roughly a third of all coffee produced in the world.