1. Today should be partly sunny, with a high around 38, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 20, according to the service.
2. Dominion Resources Inc, owners of Millstone Power Station, has agreed to sell three power plants in unregulated markets, according to the Richmond Times.
According to the article, Dominion is looking to get out of unregulated markets, and is selling two coal plants and a natural gas-burning plant in unregulated markets. Connecticut also has an unregulated electricity market, a market Dominion officials are calling riskier.
"For us, the theme here is the de-risking of the company and the transition to a more regulated earnings mix," said Fred G. Wood III, senior vice president for financial management with the company's Dominion Generation operating unit, according to the article.
Despite the sale, Dominion is not looking to sell Millstone Power Station, according to the article. The article quotes Wood as saying that Millstone, along with two other plants Dominion owns in unregulated markets, are well-positioned for profitability because of their locations and generation types.
3. Tickets are now available for “So You Think You Can Dance Waterford", a community event put on by Waterford Youth Services that is replacing “Waterford’s Dancing with the Stars."
The event will feature nine teams (including a Patch team) squaring off to see what squad can move the best. The event is on Friday, April 26th, and tickets are $2 per person.
For more information, click here.
4. Today, the Waterford High School senior class is sponsoring a night out at Chili’s in New London, where 10 percent of any order goes to benefit the class’s graduation party. Participants must show the flier attached this page to have 10 percent of their order go to the event, so please print it out and bring it to Chili's, or otherwise it doesn't count.
The 10 percent flier can be used for lunch or dinner at the restaurant.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
5. On this date in 1964, a Dallas jury found Jack Ruby guilty of killing Lee Harvey Oswald. And on this date in 1794, Eli Whitney was granted a patent for the cotton gin.
Quote of the Day
“All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else.”
Trivia of the Day
Who is the author of the comic strip Dilbert?
Yesterday’s Answer: Tom Cruise was married to Katie Holmes, Nicole Kidman and Mimi Rogers. All were 33 when they began to divorce Cruise.