1. Today should be sunny, with a high near 61, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 42, according to the service.
2. Last week, after a seven-hour meeting that started on Thursday and went until 2 Friday morning, the Conservation Commission closed the public hearing on Kobyluck Brothers LLC's proposal The commission now has 35 days from Friday to make a decision on the application.
Even if the commission approves the project, the Planning and Zoning Commission has to approve the project as well. New regulations prohibit what , so if the project is rejected there is little chance of it getting approved in the future. However, , and that case is still pending.
3. Also at their meeting Thursday night, the Conservation Commission approved a plan by Lawrence and Memorial Hospital off of Parkway South. The Planning and Zoning Commission will continue its hearings on that plan tonight at a special meeting at 7.
4. According to the Recreation and Parks Department's meeting minutes, Flavor King Ice Cream won the bid for concessions at Waterford Beach this summer. While that is good news and we wish the ice cream stand the best, we will miss
5. On this date in 1993, Monica Seles was stabbed by an obsessed fan in the middle of a tennis match in Germany. And on this date in 1803, the United States purchased the Louisiana Territory from France for $15 million, which doubled the size of the country.
Quote of the Day
“A man who has never gone to school may steal a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.”
Trivia of the Day
What US President authorized the Louisiana Purchase?
Friday’s Answer: The capital of Canada is Ottawa.