1. Today should be mostly sunny, with a high near 80, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 61, according to the service.
2. Pretty impressive week for Waterford in baseball and softball. On Sunday, Waterford’s Alyssa Hancock was named The Day’s All-Area Softball Player of the Year, and then on Monday Waterford’s was named The Day’s All-Area Baseball Player of the Year. Pretty rare when the same town wins it for both softball and baseball.
3. Just some information on Fr. Dennis Carey, the former pastor at St. Paul in Chains Rectory, pleading
I’m told from people who know that most people plead not guilty originally, even if the evidence is overwhelming. This gives some time for their lawyer to possibly work out a deal with the state and get a lesser sentence. Just a general rule though, not necessarily what is happening in this case.
4. There are two showings of the movie The Vow today at the . The Vow, a romance, will play at the library at 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Also, little listeners, a program for children 3-years-old and younger, runs today from 10 to 10:30 a.m. Little listeners is a program that combines music, movement, books and language development that runs mosts Mondays and Tuesdays at 10 a.m. Go, and say
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
5. On this date in 1938, Howard Hughes set a world record by flying around the world in 91 hours. And on this date, Millard Fillmore is inaugurated as the 13th president of the United States after President Zachary Taylor died 16 months into his term.
Quote of the Day
“Neither irony or sarcasm is argument.”
Trivia of the Day
Who was the president when South Caroline seceded from the nation?
Yesterday’s Answer: Bill Simmons is the editor-in-chief of Grantland.