1. Today should be mostly sunny, with a high near 65, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 48, according to the service.
2. We missed Clark Lane Middle School's "Let's Move" dance event Thursday, but thanks to health teacher and Audrey Montanaro, we now have photos of the event (the ones on this article).
The event was started by Michelle Obama in 2011 as an attempt to get kids to exercise more. On Thursday, for the second year, students from across the country and Clark Lane Middle School danced to Beyonce's "Move Your Body."
3. For all you , Jordan Cove will be restocked with clams on May 19th, according to the Waterford Shellfish Commission's meeting minutes. Shellfish Commission Chairman Doug Lawson will stock the cove with 65 to 70 bags of clams, according to meeting minutes.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
4. Tonight at 7, the Planning and Zoning Commission continues its public hearing on Kobyluck Brothers LLC’s proposal to This should be the last public hearing date on the application and the Conservation Commission has already closed its public hearing on the project.
5. On this date in 1664, French King Louis XIV inaugurated the stunning Palace of Versailles. And on this date in 1718, another Frenchman named Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville founded the city of New Orleans.
Quote of the Day
“Names is for tombstones, baby.”
-Mr. Big of Live and Let Die
Trivia of the Day
On this date in 2000, Vladimir Putin is inaugurated as the president of Russia. Who preceded him?
Friday’s Answer: The first female prime minister of the United Kingdom was Margaret Thatcher.