1. Today should be sunny, with a high near 65, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 52, according to the service.
2. Thursday night, the Board of Education finalized Waterford High School's graduation date for June 15 at the new turf field at the high school.
Superintendent Jerome Belair said the time has not yet been decided. Clark Lane Middle School's promotion ceremony will be the day before, on June 14, according to Belair.
3. Today is Career Day at , with about 30 people from the community (including one particularly engaging Patch editor) talking about their careers or hobbies.
All seventh and eighth grade students will hear three 25-minute presentations from three different people about their respective careers. Sixth-graders meanwhile will hear three 25-minute presentations from three different people about their respective hobbies.
Aside from Patch, last year First Selectman Dan Steward, a police officer, a lawyer, a Day reporter and many others volunteered for the event.
4. Two new movies open this evening at Waterford's
Think Like a Man, which is based off of a book by Steve Harvey, plays at 4:10, 6:50 and 9:20. And The Lucky One, a romance starring Zac Efron, plays at 4:40, 7:15 and 9:45.
5. Thirteen years ago today was the Columbine High School massacre. Two high school students, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, killed 13 people and injured another 24 before killing themselves at Columbine High School in Colorado.
Quote of the Day
“Action is the foundational key to all success.”
Trivia of the Day
What is the most common blood type in the world?
Yesterday’s Answer: Jamie Moyer became the oldest pitcher to win a Major League game on Monday, as Moyer’s Rockies defeated the San Diego Padres 5-3. Moyer is 49-years-old.