1. Today there is a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 p.m., with a high near 88, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight showers and thunderstorms are likely, with a low around 70, according to the service.
2. Amtrak reopened the Niantic River Bridge Tuesday, and the Niantic River has reopened to all boat traffic.
The bridge to Tuesday as part of Amtrak's $140 million construction project.
3. continues this evening at 6 at with a performance by the White Eye Lizard Band, a reggae group.
The summer concert series is put on by the Waterford Recreation and Parks Department and is free to all. There is no alcohol allowed at the concerts and dogs are not allowed. The concerts run every Wednesday until August 22 at Waterford Beach, and people should bring a beach chair.
4. A want to give out a big-time Patch shout out to you, the Patch users.
A few months ago, I was informed that Waterford Patch was getting much less announcements and events posted on the site compared to other Patches. I asked you, the users, ; and it worked. Big time.
This month there has been an provided by users on our site, which has made our site far . We have been flooded and other announcements that otherwise would . I think the people who post those announcements are not just making this site better, but really are doing a as well. I thank them very much.
Anyway, I hope it continues as all these posts are necessary to provide a truly full picture of the Town of Waterford, which is what we are trying to do at Waterford Patch. If anybody would like to post an announcement or an event or start a blog on the site, please feel free to contact me, Paul Petrone, at any time.
My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org and my phone number is 860-287-5265. My social life consists of mowing the grass and thinking about different ways to rig the lottery, so don't feel like your bothering me - I could probably use the company.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
5. On this date in 1984, James Oliver Huberty opened fire in a McDonalds restaurant in San Ysidro, California. Huberty killed 21 people and injured another 19 before being shot by police. And on this date in 1925, Adolf Hitler published his manifesto, Mein Kampf.
Quote of the Day
“Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
Trivia of the Day
Who was the first person to host Saturday Night Live?
Yesterday’s Answer: Ronald Reagan easily defeated Walter Mondale in the 1984 presidential election.