1. Today should be partly sunny, with a high near 48, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 35, according to the service.
2. Wednesday, Waterford Police announced results of a DUI crackdown that lasted all of December, according to The Day. In the month, police arrested 14 people for driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, issued 189 motor vehicle citations and wrote 296 warnings, according to The Day.
Extra patrol officers were on duty from 5 p.m. to 4 a.m. as part of the crackdown, according to The Day.
3. Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. is Goshen Ladies Auxiliary’s “” benefit at . People are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items to restock the community food bank.
4. I had to share from Montville Patch.
5. On this date in 1994, ice skater Nancy Kerrigan is clubbed in the knee, a few weeks before the Olympics. It was later found out rival ice skater Tonya Harding had hired her bodyguard to hit Kerrigan’s leg, so she would win a spot on the United States Olympic team.
Quote of the Day
“A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.”
Trivia of the Day
Who is the current anchor of the CBS Evening News?
Yesterday’s Answer: The Giants play the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday at 1 p.m. in the first round of the NFL playoffs.