1. Happy August! Today there should be scattered showers and thunderstorms, with a high near 83, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight there is a chance of showers and thunderstorms, with a low around 67, according to the service.
2. Tuesday, the Wildlife Center, a traveling zoo, took a visit , the Town of Waterford’s summer camp.
The Wildlife Center showed the children at Camp Dash a variety of animals, from a parrot to an alligator to a wallaby. To see the animals, click on the video on this article.
3. Tuesday evening, the Board of Selectmen unanimously approved a $346,908 bid to
According to Public Works Director Ron Cusano, the work should begin on the project by the end of this month, and be completed by October.
4. Here is something I didn’t even know Waterford Patch offered until recently – a fully-stocked job search engine.
On the top of the website, right below the Waterford Patch logo, there is a blue menu bar. If you scroll over “More Stuff”, which is all the way to the right of that menu bar, a drop-down menu comes down and there is an option called “Jobs.”
Click on it, and it is a full job search engine powered by Indeed.com. Just one more way Waterford Patch can make your life that much easier.
5. On this date in 1981, MTV begins broadcasting in the United States. And on this date in 2001, Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore had a Ten Commandments monument installed in a judiciary building, in one of the early attempts to become the topic of a Patch Poll.
Quote of the Day
“Boom, crush. Night, losers. Winning, duh.”
Trivia of the Day
What was the first music video MTV broadcasted in the United States?
Yesterday’s Answer: The New York International Airport has since been renamed the John F. Kennedy International Airport.