1. A storm is expected today.
Today, heavy winds between 21 and 31 mph are expected, with gusts as high as 46 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Rain and even snow is possible, with a high around 45, according to the service. Tonight rain is expected, with winds between 24 and 26 mph, and a low around 38, according to the service.
2. The alleged Crystal Mall peeping Tom will appear in New London Superior Court today on a variety of charges, as the court awaits his plea.
Christopher Gribble, 40, was arrested in October after he allegedly attached a camera to his foot and took pictures of people in the changing rooms of the Crystal Mall. Gribble was previously arrested for voyeurism, and told police he gets aroused when he views images that he took covertly.
According to police, Gribble already signed a statement admitting to spying on two people at the Crystal Mall in September, and further admitted to taking voyeuristic photos of people approximately three times a month since the summer of 2011. However, the signed confession is no guarantee that Gribble will plead guilty today.
3. Gurley Road will be under construction for the next three weeks, which will impact traffic in the area, according to the Waterford Public Works Department.
Contractor Hastedt Brothers will be rehabilitating the road for the next three weeks between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, weather permitting. There will be delays that may last longer than 20 minutes, and other routes are suggested during construction, according to the public works department.
4. Today is a half-day for all students in kindergarten through eighth grade to allow for parent-teacher conferences. Thursday and Friday is a half-day for all students, including high school students, for the same reason and next Monday there is no school to recognize Veteran’s Day.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
5. On this date in 2002, Iran banned advertising of all United States products. And on this date in 2000, Hillary Clinton became the first First Lady to win a spot in the US Senate.
Quote of the Day
“It is not good to have a rule of many.”
Trivia of the Day
On this date in 1991, what basketball player announced he had HIV, and retired from the NBA?
Yesterday’s Answer: Winfield Scott was the general of the Union Army when the Civil War began in 1861.