It's nearly time for back to school. So how early will you have to set your alarm to make sure the kids are at the bus stop on time?
The published bus routes are as of August 16, 2013 and reflect all known student ridership but route times may require adjustments due to incoming student registration in the remaining summer months. To be on the safe side, please make sure your child is at the correct stop five minutes before the bus is due to arrive.Individual bus routes are posted separately in our "Back to School" category. You can also find them by clicking on the links below.
- Quaker Hill Elementary School morning and afternoon times
- Great Neck Elementary School morning and afternoon times
- Oswegatchie Elementary School morning and afternoon times
- Clark Lane Middle School morning and afternoon times
- Waterford High School morning and afternoon times
- To identify buses, bus numbers corresponding to the routes listed will be posted in the second window next to the entry door of each bus.
- Full-day Kindergarten students will take the regular a.m. and p.m. buses.
- Parents of Magnet, Friendship, Vo-Ag, Dual Language Academy, ISAAC, Marine Science, and Science & Technical School(s) students are asked to contact STA regarding their child’s transportation at 860 443-2244.
- If a Magnet School, Technical School, or Agricultural School, Marine Science School has a delayed opening on a given school day, and Waterford does not have a delayed opening, Waterford’s bus schedule remains in effect. (No change in pick up times) Students being transported by special buses and vans will be notified by the contractors as to pick up and drop off times.
- Parents are requested to contact STA at 860-443-2244, the school’s Principal’s Office, or the Business Office at 860-444-5849, in that order, if there are any transportation problems.
- Late runs for detention and after school activities at Clark Lane Middle School will begin on Tuesday September 10, 2013 and Waterford High School will begin September 3, 2013. Middle School late runs will be Monday through Wednesday, and High School will be on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Waterford Public Schools regulations for pupil behavior on buses are published in the student handbooks.
- Bus routes are subject to change daily throughout the school year due to traffic, weather, driving conditions, and new ridership.
- ALL TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE. PLEASE BE AT YOUR ASSIGNED BUS STOP AT LEAST FIVE (5) MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED TIMES.
- After-School Care Programs are offered at all the elementary schools. Please contact Carelot at 860-447-1163for registration information.
- Afternoon bus transportation to Ballestrini’s Day Care and Carelot Center is offered to elementary and Middle School students.
- Bus Stop Change Request Forms are available at each school.