If you're looking for a pet, drop into the Connecticut Humane Society's Waterford branch and have a look around. They have dogs, cats and the occasional small animal.
The animal shelter is located at 169 Old Colchester Road and is open Monday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dog adoption hours begin at 10:30 a.m. The phone number is 860-442-8583.
Humane Society employee Rachel McCabe introduced us to these animals this week:
- Jill, a 2-year-old Jack Russell terrier mix with a flawless white coat,
- and Jazz, a big ol' cat who enjoys her independence.
Animals are adopted and dropped off at the Humane Society on a daily basis so if you see an animal in this video who you want, act fast. If you miss your chance however, these ones are still waiting for someone to bring them home:
- Tzemer, a guinea pig who likes to jump,
- four playful gerbils with furry tails.
- Ceridwen, a very social ferret looking for love.
- Prettiest, a sweet cat who loves to be pet.
- Casey, a 3-year-old Belgian Malinois mix who is very playful,
- Buddy Love, a playful lab-mix with a name full of soul,
- Mr. Whiskers, a cat who enjoys a good petting.
- and Duffy, a 2-year-old, playful labrador-mix,
If you aren't interested in any of these animals, log onto the Humane Society website to see a gallery of all the adoptable pets.
If you have plenty of pets at home but still want to help out these great animals, the Humane Society is always accepting donations of food, toys and supplies.