If you're looking for a pet, drop into the and have a look around. They have dogs, cats and the occasional small animal.
The animal shelter is located at 169 Old Colchester Road and is open Monday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dog adoption hours begin at 10:30 a.m. The phone number is 860-442-8583.
Humane Society employee Rachel McCabe introduced us to these animals this week:
- Luna and Princess are two inseparable and very friendly and affectionate cats,
- Snuggles is a velvety soft, short-haired bunny who is very curious, and
- Duke is a happy-go-lucky, well-rounded dog with a very fluffy tail.
Animals are adopted and dropped off at the Humane Society on a daily basis and most of the animals in this video series have been adopted, however these ones are still waiting for someone to bring them home:
- Shadow, a 8.5-year-old female cat who is inquisitive and friendly.
- Brownie and Emma are shy and loveable young guinea pigs.
If you aren't interested in any of these animals, log onto the Humane Society website to see a gallery of all the adoptable pets.
If you have plenty of pets at home but still want to help out these great animals, the Humane Society is always accepting donations of food, toys and supplies.