The Board of Selectmen's meeting has been rescheduled for Thursday, Jan. 23, at 5 p.m. in Waterford Town Hall. Here's what's on the agenda:
- To consider and act on a recommendation of Dennis G. Goderre, Planning Director to hire James A. Neckermann of the Commercial Real Estate Group (CREG), as the exclusive commercial real estate broker to market for sale the former Cohanzie School Property.
- To consider and act on a request from Neftali Soto, Chief Engineer, to award the bid for the townwide maintenance of power generators to Central Electric & Generator Inc. of Cheshire, as the lowest qualified bidder.
- To consider and act on correspondence from Rudie Beers to declare computer hardware (a list of which has been provided to the Board of Selectmen) as surplus for sale and/or disposal as noted in accordance with the Disposition of Town Property Ordinance, Chapter 2.112.020.
- To consider and act on a request from Doug Lawson, Chairman – Waterford Shellfish Commission to appoint Jeff Thompson to serve out the term left vacant by Harry Baker that ends on January 5, 2017.
The Board of Selectmen will also hold a budget meeting immediately following to consider and act on the following proposed budgets for fiscal year 2014-2015. The budgets for the following departments will be considered on Thursday:
- Registrar of Voters
- Representative Town Meeting
- Town Clerk
- Emergency Management
- Police Department
- Board of Finance
- Social Services Grants
- Youth Services Bureau
- Senior Services Commission
- Recreation and Parks
- Community Use of Schools