Temperatures today will remain dangerously cold, with a high of 18 degrees and an overnight low of 4 degrees. Winds blowing NNW at 25 to 35 mph, with gusts over 40 mph at times, will make it feel even colder.
Here's how the storm is affecting life in Waterford so far. If you know of additional cancellations or events that have been rescheduled, please post them in the comments.
Waterford Parking Ban
The Town of Waterford parking ban will be in effect until all the roadways have been cleared by the public works department. All vehicles must be removed from the roadway and any vehicles that have not been removed are subject to being towed at the owners expense.
A parking ban is also in effect for the City of New London.
No Garbage Pickup Today
Due to a lack of personnel, Waterford Public Works won't be picking up garbage or recycling today. People who normally put out garbage for collection on Wednesday should put it out Thursday. Thursday pickup will happen as usual.
School Closures/Delayed Openings
- Waterford Public School District closed.
- Dual Language and Arts Magnet School in Waterford closed.
- The Friendship School is closed.
- New London Adult & Continuing Education is closed.
- New London's Drop-In Learning Center is closed.
- Williams School in New London is closed.
- Regional Multicultural Magnet School in New London is closed.
- Mitchell College will open at noon.
Meetings And Activities Canceled/Rescheduled
- The Waterford Board of Selectmen meeting scheduled for Jan. 21 has been postponed until Thursday, Jan. 23. Find out what's on the agenda.
- The January 21 meeting of the Waterford Parents Liaison Council was canceled. A new date will be announced in the near future.
- The January 21, 2014 regular School Building Committee meeting was canceled due to weather.