A press release from the office of Lt. Gov, Nancy Wyman:
The portraits of seven Connecticut soldiers killed in the conflict in Afghanistan will be added to the Wall of Honor tribute in the State Capitol complex at the 5th annual addendum ceremony on Thursday.
The public is invited to attend the ceremony, scheduled for 4 p.m. in the Atrium of the Legislative Office Building, 300 Capitol Ave., Hartford. Families of many of the new honorees and of the 56 Connecticut military men and women previously lost in the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan are expected to attend.
In addition to the hanging of photographic portraits of the seven new honorees, the names of all troops on the Wall will be read and family members will have the opportunity to give remarks.
The ceremony will be co-hosted by Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman and Hartford radio broadcaster Brad Davis, who together created the Wall of Honor in 2007.
The seven new honorees are:
- Army Spec. Philip C.S. Schiller, 21, of Winsted (2012)
- Army Spec. Richard C. Emmons, 22, of North Granby. (2011)
- Army Pfc. Eric D. Soufrine, 20, of Woodbridge. (2011)
- Navy SEAL Chief Petty Officer Brian R. Bill, 31, of Stamford. (2011)
- Army Sgt. Edward J. Frank II, 26, of Hartford. (2011)
- . (2011)
- Army Spec. Dennis Pratt, 34, of Southington. (2009)